Friday, September 14, 2012

this and that

from my instagram last week
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
whoa. it's been busy. how is it friday?

We baked cookies last week! We haven't baked in so long......just too hot. But we have been seeing cooler mornings and evenings, and even rain earlier this week.....which could only mean.....

....SOUP! So excited for soup weather. We had a nice end-of-summer Minestrone (read: throw in any kind of veggie we have). I'll post the recipe next week. Are you eating soup yet? What kinds?

I get question after question about the cookbook I am photographing for Mrs. Whitney Ingram. We took some time off from shooting over the last few months so she could go over, review, and perfect each and every recipe (she is GOOD people). She was having so much fun in the process, that she added more recipes to The Book! We are now OFFICIALLY back in action and shooting (see a sneak peak of a recent shoot here). Yesterday I got to shoot (and of course sample) Korean Lettuce Wraps that you will LOVE. So many exciting things happening in this book. We will keep you posted with lots of yummy updates. 

Thank you for your input last week about selling some of my prints. I have been going through images, selecting a few favorites to start out with.....it's kind of fun....

We are headed in to another hot weekend--it's been a few weeks since I was out on my usual trails and I can't wait to get out tomorrow to clear my head and move my legs. I can't keep away from the mountains for too long.....that cool air is just calling my name. 

Have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It rained yesterday here, and I wasted no time making soup for dinner! I made roasted chicken & tortellini soup with lots of tomatoes, corn, peas, white beans, and garlic. It was delicious!

Amber said...

Autumn has definitely arrived here in New England! The past few days were pretty chilly, but the temperature is back up to the low 80's until Sunday.

I recently had a kale + sausage soup, adapted from the sausage soup at Olive Garden. I need to post the recipe on my blog soon, because it is beyond delicious!

Your soup recipes are my favorites (well besides your sweets!) and I have several saved to make this Autumn/Winter. Can't wait to see what you post next week!

Claire said...

heena, I am SO looking forward to seeing that cookbook. You are such a gifted photographer (even your Instagram pics are exquisite! how do you manage that?).
I haven't made soup yet, but I've been dreaming of a hearty beef stew and a tomato-y tortellini soup. Can't wait to see what you're making!

Olya said...

I don't comment often, but I had to second your excitement over 'soup season', as we call it. We celebrated it with peasant stew and white white bean and kale soup (my friend's recipe will be in the upcoming issue of Edible Wasatch :).

Darcy said...

I wish I could eat soup, but this weekend will be pushing 100 degrees (So Cal) so I'll have to wait a few more weeks I think. I also can't wait for all things pumpkin....pancakes, bread, cupcakes....mmmmm. Loving all your instagram pics! You inspire me! And I'm getting super excited for this cookbook to release!

likeschocolate said...

HI! I just made your chocolate cake from Sep 2010 titled very sweet. Boy was it a monster cake. I should have known when it required 3 cups of sugar. I frosted one round for my family and gave one round for the neighbor. I am sure she was thrilled when my son showed up on her door with a cake tonight. The cake was fantastic! Even my husband thought so and he isn't a chocolate guy. Thanks!