Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a star valley fall

We grabbed our backpacks and jackets on friday and headed over the mountain and across the plains to visit sister in Star Valley, Wyoming. We usually visit a couple times a year--but this was my first trip there in the fall and I just fell in love. If I thought I could survive the winters......we just might have stayed.

a morning drive
a dark and cloudy fall morning. brisk air, a light breeze, and every color of the rainbow.
wyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyoming

an afternoon walk
just a little stroll around sister's neighborhood.
wyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyoming

an evening ride
bouncing up and down on the back of a 4-wheeler, we went UP a mountain on a dusty road and down into a valley dotted with ponds to explore. most of these were taken on the go!
wyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwyomingwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwyomingwyomingwyomingwyoming


wyoming winter  here
sledding here
another winter here

8 comments:

nicole said...

lovely lovely lovely. i miss my rocky mountains and changing seasons.

becca said...

how incredible!

your blog makes me think it's a good idea to move out west.

Lori Folkman said...

It's almost as pretty as Montana. :)

Sarah Beth said...

I love driving through that area when I'm going to visit Tera. So pretty. Looks like I'll have to make a fall trip down that way sometime soon. So pretty.

dlpower said...

I am in love with this place! It looks so wonderful and peaceful.

Anna Scandinavian Cottage said...

Looks like Sweden, Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ahh! My hometown. I simply loved seeing these, thank you!

Grace said...

this is just beautiful. :)