Thursday, April 5, 2012

this weekend.....


eggs1 copyeggs2 copyegg3 copy

aaallllllmost weekend.....where has my week gone?
School has been out and I don't think I'm ready to go back next week.....can't we just start our summer vacation now?
What are your plans for the weekend?
I am currently planning out our Easter feast, and the only thing I know for sure is that we will most definitely without a doubt be shoving our faces with these potatoes.
We had them last year and I have constantly thought about them since.
The kids have requested artichokes, and I am dreaming up something for dessert.
What are you making for dessert? Decisions decisions.

I am checking out early for the week--trying to take advantage of 
extra time with these adorable children I have.

May your weekend be filled with sunshine, colorful eggs, kite flying, bubble blowing, fresh flowers, and Easter feast eating. And if you have a few extra minutes, take a peek at this video
so we can all remember that HE is the reason we celebrate this wonderful day, 
and not the terrifying mall easter bunny.

Happy Easter!


If you too are still looking for an Easter dessert......maybe try
-this cake with strawberry buttercream ruffles if you are lucky enough to have fresh strawberries where you live

10 comments:

kylie said...

happy easter to you and your fam! i always love your cute colored egg series each year. so much fun.

Kaitlyn Luce said...

Have a happy one! :-)

Laura said...

Fabulous recommendations. I've been wondering what we'll do. Thanks for the nudges. That lemon cake sounds AMAZING.

Shannon said...

I am totally doing an artichoke for me. No one else will eat them, but I haven't had one in years. Yummy. We are dying eggs tomorrow and I'm so excited since the kids are old enough to do cool colors. Happy Easter!

whitneyingram said...

To that potato gratin, add smoked gouda. Ethan uses that in his for work and people go BANANAS.

Dessert? I am making that one beautiful buttermilk cake with strawberries that we photographed a while back. DELICIOUS!

Amber said...

Happy easter to you and your little family! I wish I could host Easter this year, but my TINY little place is definitely not big enough. Also I have Seamus and his brother this year in the evening of Easter. Maybe I'll put together an egg hunt for them.

Tanae Nelson said...

Have a happy easter! It snowed here this morning...yuck. Maybe the trails will dry out soon and I can get you up here to run with me.

Maria said...

Happy Easter!

I'll be spending time withe family and maybe painting some eggs?

Maria @ Orchard Bloom

the vanilla bean blog said...

Lovely Easter eggs! I just discovered your blog and love it. What a beautiful space.

Lara said...

Happy Easter to you too!! We spent the morning coloring eggs and we are definitely enjoying our day! I was curious if you ever cook with yams? I have some and I am not sure what to do with them. Yes, I can make it the traditional thanksgiving way with marshmallows, but I thought I would jump on here and see if you had any new, refreshing ideas. Thank you for being so inspirational!