Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Food of 2011

Happy New Year!
I'm so excited for this brand new year and all it will bring!

I love looking back over last year as a whole and thinking about all we've accomplished/enjoyed/endured/overcome/explored/eaten/on and on and on.
It was a very, very good year.

Here is a little peek at some of my favorite food from the year.
I had to laugh as I went though and picked out my favorite photos.....most of them are dessert! And I promised you a healthy start to the new year-ha! It's just that I LOVE photographing desserts--I have more time to set them up and make them pretty, rather than dinner where we are all in a hurry to eat it hot. 
So here are some of my best shots from our year in food......
chicken and bulgur stewangel food cakestrawberryleather8 copychocolate and coconut cakerufflecake copyalmond butterwhole wheat strawberry pancakesbreakfast.baked frittatachocolate dipped bananassummerlayer after layer.whole wheat naantomatoes on toastblack raspberry icecreamdouble chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirlspeach jamwhole wheat english muffins...pumpkin pancakesoatmeal cookietomatos3 copyhomemade granolaveggie soupcpbread3 copybrown butter chocolate chip cookiespeppermint icecream copysnowballs7 copytoffee8 copyhow to eat a pomegranatechocolate orange layer cake copy
chicken and bulgur stew, angel food cake, strawberry leather, chocolate and coconut milk cake, chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream, almond butter , whole wheat strawberry pancakes, raw oatmeal, pasta with arugula pesto and spring veggies, baked frittata with tomatoes and goat cheese, chocolate dipped bananas, fresh fruit and yogurt popsicles, chocolate layer cake with whipped vanilla cream and raspberries, summer burger, whole wheat naan with chicken and veggies, goat cheese and tomato on toast, black raspberry and chocolate chunk ice cream, double chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls, peach jam, english muffins, roasted butternut squash and sweet potato soup, whole wheat pumpkin pancakes, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, sun dried tomatoes, cinnamon granola, butterfly soup, cinnamon swirl bread, brown butter chocolate chip cookies, candy cane ice cream, snowballs, english toffee, pomegranate, chocolate and orange layer cake

20 comments:

Lesley said...

i could look at your pictures for hours on end. just wonderful and enchanting sheena. happy new year!

summer said...

i almost didn't let myself look through this post because i haven't eaten breakfast yet. :) but i gave in.

i loooooooooove this blog!!

Rebekah said...

cannot WAIT for your cookbook! Everything of yours that I have tried, I have loved! (and so has everyone who i made it for) :)

Unknown said...

All your food photos are BEAUTIFUL! And everything looks super tasty, love your blog :)

whitneyingram said...

When you compile photos like this, I sometimes can't believe you are doing MY book. You take my breath away, lady.

BTW, check your e-mail!

infinitezest said...

beautiful photos :)

Kaitlyn Luce said...

ahhh! SO good! these are my fave.

and now i'm hungry! :-)

Hannah Nicole said...

so good, so beautiful, so dang delicious looking.

simi said...

wow, what a huge food photography inspiration you are! I love all of these. what kind of camera do you use?
xoxo
simi

Laura said...

Can I have a dark hardwood table like yours?? *love*

Audra said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love your blog and your gorgeous photos.

the crew said...

It all looks so delicious! I would love to come eat at your house!

Meg said...

lol! I'm so glad this is food! I misread the link when I clicked it and expected to see the "FLOOD" of 2011, and thought you had something break on new year's eve. I'm glad you were drowning in cake instead.

Bridget said...

that is some seriously amazing food photography.

jenniferhoiyin said...

You are incredible, every image is stunning. If I was ever to make a cookbook, I'd definitely beg you to photograph. Happy New Year! I can't wait for more cake!

Claire said...

Sheena, these are truly breathtaking. I cannot wait for another year filled with your concoctions and photographs. I've learned so much from you already. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through shutterbean.com and I love it. Your pictures are so gorgeous. I read back through some posts, and I would also like Jimmy Fallon to be my friend. Isn't he the greatest?

Simple Domesticity said...

Just came across your blog. Your photos are BEAUTIFUL. :-)

Kathryn said...

so many delicious looking foods!

Sasha said...

ridiculously inspiring food photography!thanks for sharing. you have certainly inspired me to take better pictures.