Friday, September 30, 2011

this and that

photo from last fall
...
aaaaahhhhhh, the weekend.....it never gets old, does it? 


here's a little from our week:
Eating: SOUP! I love soup. It is sooooooo NOT soup weather yet, we all dripped sweat into our bowls as we ate our supper in the 85° weather. But, it's fall, and therefore, we eat soup.
Still fantasizing about: I had a Hatch Family Chocolates frozen hot chocolate last weekend.....mmmmmmm.....
Running: or trying that is. Extra time is hard to come by these days, but this race is coming up in just a few short weeks....I need to get on it!
Seeing: Each morning on our drive to school we see more signs of fall all around us. The mountains are about to explode with color!
Smelling: Woodsmoke at night. I love it.
Feeling: cold. cold. SO HOT. Sweaty. Cold. Fall weather is confusing.
Watching: Up All Night. I really really love Will Arnett, and think this new show is going to be a keeper.
Wishing: We could go camping. Right. This. Second. The air is so perfectly crisp and I wish to fall asleep under a colorful canopy of aspens. 
Quoting: Jim Henson (see more of my favorite quotes here)
they remember what you are
photo by me, from this trip.


Photographing: For our cookbook shoot this week I shot a whole cooked fish. With eyes. And teeth. I swear it winked at me. This weekend I'll be shooting a gorgeous bride....that is about as opposite as you can get, my friends.
Anticipating: I have a big Dr appointment (darn lyme) on Monday. It's always a mix of excitement/nerves/sweaty armpits/gassy-thoughts-of-what-will-he-say, fluttering around in my stomach.....gulp.
Loving: Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from last weekend. Please, please, if you have a couple extra minutes go read it. Here is just one of my favorite parts--he is talking about the story "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", when Willy Wonka hides the coveted Golden Ticket in five of his candy bars. 
Pres. Uchtdorf says:
"In this classic children’s story, people all  over the world desperately yearn to find a golden ticket. Some feel that their entire 
future happiness depends on whether or not a golden ticket falls into their hands. In their anxiousness, people begin to forget the simple joy they used to find in a candy bar. The candy bar itself becomes an utter disappointment if it does not contain a golden ticket."
point being, let's all try to enjoy the little things a bit more......and eat more chocolate:)
You can go HERE to read the rest (I promise you'll like it!)

Have a fun weekend!! 
I'll be back in a few days, after I've sweat nervously all over the Dr's office. 

7 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

Oh, I love the snippet from his talk! And of COURSE I love your photography! Will be praying for you with your lyme appointment. :)

summer said...

prayers for you, sheena!! :) yay!

ps. it's will arnett.. you just have to watch, right?!

Unknown said...

good luck at the drs!!!!

the rs general broadcast is always my favorite because we get to always hear from Pres. Uchtdorf :)

melissa said...

wow, sounds like a really busy next couple of days. good time for conference to come. good luck at the doc.

we're loving up all night, too. so funny. and last night on netflix we discovered a show called "running wilde" that he was in last year or something. we only watched the first episode, but it was obviously funny too.

Tara said...

Justin saw Up All Night last night on Hulu so we gave it a try. First episode and I thought "okay, maybe." Second episode and we were in TEARS!! That teqwila part, oh my gosh. Hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard at a tv show in a long time.
Love your photo w/ the Jim Henson quote. Can't be reminded of that enough. ;)
And I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk. He is so good! I could listen to an entire conference session of just him. :)

Anonymous said...

Up all night is so funny! I'm glad so many other people are enjoying it :)

Ruby said...

Love the quote, it's so true! If only my parents know this...
You're a great mom.