Monday, October 11, 2010

over the weekend....

we enjoyed yummy dinner made by friends, and the scarfed cake  together. 
we harvested bowls and bowls of tomatoes (to dry for winter:). our garden is working so hard to give us all that it can before frost. 
we ate our favorite burgers (with garden tomatoes, goat cheese, kalmata olives, greens, caramelized onions, and balsamic mayo). with red potatoes and kale chips. mmm.
we started to decorate for Halloween. You guys. My house has never looked so tacky. It's terrible. The kids love it!! (I'll be back with some easy (and super tacky  spooky) DIYs)

coconutcaketomatos copygardenfeetdinnereyeballs copykale copytea copyred

5 comments:

ashley sullivan said...

sounds perfect. & i never cease to swoon over your photos... just beautiful.

banananutmeg said...

dried tomatoes? I'm intrigued...

Cherish Stockdale said...

mmm...that burger looks delicious. It is making me hungry!!

summer said...

what a dreamy weekend! i need to try those kale chips sometime. your coconut always looks superb, sheena. have you been able to find unsweetened coconut? i'm still trying.

am having lots of fun doing the tomato drying these days. thank you!!

ps. i know! we go through honey like crazy, too. i paid $9.00 for my roughly 40-ounce bottle. which i felt super good about, but maybe i'm paying too much too. what price are you getting?

Unknown said...

Found your blog through a guest post on The Swell Life and I am so happy I did! I can't wait to try the Butternut Squash Orzo, love your blog!