Monday, October 4, 2010

over the weekend....

....we had a perfect time.

we stayed inside, pretending it was fallish, and not 80+°
we enjoyed (really enjoyed!) listening to the LDS General Conference.
we turned on the oven and enjoyed yummy fall meals....all while the AC was blasting in the background....oh well.
and then we cheered when the clouds came out!

wow. it really looks like all we did was eat.

Here's to a good week!

jarspeaches copyjam1 copyjam2 copybutternutdinnerclouds



soup. salad (but I used apples this time:)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

what a wonderful conference weekend it was :)

the food looks delish!

Lula. said...

Does Rob cook with you?

Looks like a wonderful weekend!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Mmmm, that soup looks good!

banananutmeg said...

where do you buy your wild rice for the soup? I can't find it here. What brand do you use? I'll have my MIL get me some in Ut and mail it to me. (because she will, and because i really want that soup.)

sheena said...

Lauren. Robby likes to "help" if I ask him:)

Meg. It's the BEST rice. Its from Costco and is called Organic Harvest Medley....the brand is Sun West.

It's a mix of calmati brown rice, wild rice, sweet brown rice and heirloom red rice. it's so good!

Tara said...

Yet another reason I'm so excited to finally have a Costco membership again! They have so many organic products now, it's awesome. Love all your pictures, makes me want to dig into a butternut squash right now.

Cherish Stockdale said...

everytime I look back on my weekend pictures it always seems like all we do is eat too! LOL i guess we both have a LOVE for food :)

Hayley said...

i miss fresh utah peaches. last year we purchased a whole box and devoured them - this we have them from the grocery store and they are so not the same.

summer said...

such a beautiful weekend.
your peachy jars look insanely good!!

Bridget said...

yep... still havent left your blog.