Thursday, January 14, 2010

Projecting....

is that a word??

That is what I'm doing.

When we bought the little red house, we had only planned on being here 2-3 years MAX.

Next month will be three years, (how!?) and it doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere too soon.....

So here's the plan.

My kitchen/"dining room" is probably smaller than your closet.....I don't know how they did it back in 1948! It is impossible for our little family to all fit at the table and not end up with someone being smashed (usually me.)

So RIP old dining area....


.....and hello new one.

This photo doesn't show the entire room very well, but back where I'm standing and where the big ugly chair is will be our new "dining area". We're going to make this work! Everything in the room must go!
Over by the fire I'll make a little sitting area with a little loveseat and little chair. little little litte....that's the key.

I also want to find an old piano, since my mother is an Indian Giver, but that is another story for another time.

Oh, and I guess I'll be needing to find me a new kitchen table. Our chairs are the first dining chairs we bought when we were sweet newlyweds, and I've already had one collapse beneath me (makes a girl feel good)....I can no longer risk my children's lives with my ghetto chairs.

But here's the catch. The budget. I cannot spend more than what I sell all this stuff for......and since I love thrifted things/other peoples junk....that's what I'll be doing. This could take a while.

....and.....as long as I have you here, I also need to

*make my art gallery (fancy word for our hall) for the kids never ending projects.
*change my baby girl's room into a big girl's room (why am I putting this off.....it makes me sad. I think I could have that girl in a crib until she is 12.)
*paint my room.

and that's a healthy start.

wish me luck....


18 comments:

The Rowley's said...

umm how much for the chair and couch... i love them!

judi said...

Wow! Maybe Britt would trade the chair and couch for a table?

ps: you are so politically incorrect about me!

lisset said...

seriously cannot wait to see how it all turns out. i'll be living vicariously through you...

gram said...

.. a big project for a little girl!

Becky Bean said...

Why don't you auction all the pretty things you're saying goodbye to to your readers? Seems like we all have an eye for your couch and chair!

Nellie and Jason said...

Fun! I love home projects! We are getting ready to move (a whole couple of blocks away) into a bigger place, and I can't wait to get rid of stuff, get new stuff, and redecorate!!

banananutmeg said...

i wanna play. I need a bigger dining table.
And I want it to be spice orange or robin's egg blue.
I might be playing on craigslist soon.

Brandon Bridge said...

How exciting! I just did this with our living room! Bran said I could buy whatever I wanted with the money from things I sold. So I went to town, and had quite a blast making profits here and there, and getting some great bargains. KSL will be your new best friend! Excited to see the changes!

Harmony said...

so i have been a big fan of your photography for such i long time and i have never left a comment! but i think you are uber talented and have such a unique way of shooting things. LOOVE IT!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

I'm very excited to see the art gallery! and of course the big project.

i have a question. i love, love the color of the blue-ish paint in your dining room!! its so refreshing! if you know that brand and name, would you please, pretty please post it? if you don't mind :)

Unknown said...

if i lived in utah I would buy everything..you have better furniture than I do

Hayley said...

you know i love it. can't wait. and...we are coming to utah march 18-21st-ish.

Sarah Hull said...

This is very exciting! I can't wait to see the transformation!

Anonymous said...

you have a lovely and cozy home... the brown leather chair for sale closely resembles the chair that aiden gave carrie in sex in the city. i'm sure it will sell fast.

hey, you're one of the winners in my fudge mag giveaway. let me know where you want me to send it to.

Jackie Norris said...

Oh yey! A project! The budget thing is hard but I love the satisfaction of finding things for a steal.

And I love your photo collages everywhere. So pretty.

evelania said...

If you feel like you might want to build something yourself, here are a few ideas:

http://www.progressivepioneer.com/progressive-pioneer/2009/08/the-beard-aka-pioneer-papa-a-table-for-all-seasons-part-iii.html

http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/search/label/tables

Shannon said...

Home Depot carries a picnic table kit. It use to be about $50. Your table number two could be replicated by sanding and staining a kit. Metal accents from Rodworks could give it the detailing to make it look a bit dressier. Just an idea:)

kelly said...

love the motivation! thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the results!