Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Love

We LOVE soup. And we eat gallons of it in the winter.

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Saute' in a bit of olive oil:
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 carrots
add S&P to taste

Add 4 cups chicken broth
2-4 cups water, depending on how "soupy" you like it.
2 chicken breasts ( I even add mine frozen sometimes--the chicken will fall apart after it cooks:)
1 cup wild rice
1t basil
1t oregano
1t thyme
juice of 1/2 lemon

Bring to boil, cover and simmer on medium low for a few hours.

top with flat leaf parsley and enjoy.

We love to dress up and dance like we are crazy (maybe because we are)

Loving the artwork of Katy Gromball! My feelings about winter are changing just looking through her shop. Check it out HERE.


On the hunt for my new table. It's really hard when all my favorites are way out of my budget (unless someone wants to pay $3000 for my furniture??)

I love:


This song isn't new--a few of you may actually remember it from our family vacation film last summer, but I love love love it, and the video is amazing. (they shot 60,000 photos to make this happen!)




Happy 3-day Weekend!!

What did you love about this week???

15 comments:

melissa said...

hey, i love the way this blog is going!

Unknown said...

Ethan Allen has one very similar to the Anthropologie one that I love (the American Artisan x-table for $1400): http://www.ethanallen.com/product?productId=455829&categoryId=8023

banananutmeg said...

We will no longer fit at our table when Corbin joins us.
This makes me want to do a room redo...and sell everything I own on craigslist.
Bad.
real bad.

erin scott said...

I LOVE your photos!!!
What kind of camera/lens to you use?

the crew said...

That video is fantastic!

Have a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

I love that I woke up early every morning this week to do the 30 Day Shred, a remarkable feat for a woman whose life has been ruled by inertia (the "at-rest" variety) for far too long. Your soup looks soul satisfying, but I'm also glad to see the photos of the rest of your life. Really rounds things out nicely...I may have to steal that idea! :D

Anyway, I found you through TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

Best,
Casey
Editor
www.tastestopping.com

Kasey said...

Good luck on your table search. My mom was a NEW WOMAN the day she traded in 36 chair legs for benches!

camandholls said...

love those tables!!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out. You should check out Cost Plus World Market, I saw some really cute tables on their website.

Unknown said...

I love that the week is over and now it's time to sleep.

I love your choices of tables. very contemporary. ;)

sheena said...

E: thank you:) Cannon 5d mark II.

gram said...

Sheena.. soup looked yummy! .. be careful if you're considering benches, as they tend to tip over..

Daisy said...

Check out www.sundancecatalog.com. You don't have to pay shipping if you go pick it up, but you will pay tax.

Daisy said...

Oops. Maybe you will have to pay shipping :-( at sundancecatalog. Usually stuff in the catalog you can go pick up, but that -- maybe not...

Lindsay said...

Tried the soup, loved it. It's perfect for a cold!

CarrieLovesKeith said...

Sheena,
I LOVE your blog, it's possibly my favorite in my Google Reader :) I love this soup, too. I was wondering if you would have any thoughts for how to convert this recipe into making it in the Crock Pot?

Thanks for all the great recipes & photos, you're awesome!